What is organic food?
We use the term «organic» to describe food, generally vegetables and fruits, that are produced without the use of fertilizers, herbicides or chemical pesticides, either directly on them or on the soils where they are grown.
10 benefits of consuming organic food:
- Its cultivation does not involve any chemicals, pesticides, fertilizers or synthetic additives.
- They contain a much more intense flavor, aroma and color.
- Organic food is more nutritious because they contain higher levels of vitamins, essential minerals, antioxidants, carbohydrates and proteins.
- Organic fruits and vegetables may have up to 40% more antioxidants than conventional vegetables. The level of Vitamin C and proteins in organic cereals and vegetables is also higher.
- They protect the health of both the consumer and the farmer.
- They are rigorously certified products, which guarantees consumer’s complete satisfaction.
- Eating organic food also improves fertility, as many pesticides used in traditional crops affect fertility in both men and women.
- They improve the immune system and protect children from pesticides, by bringing more nutrients to our bodies.
- They help us protect the environment by preventing global warming.
- Organic farming supports biodiversity in cultivated areas.